Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Fish"


by Daniel Johnston


Try aching every care in the world

She's only the most beautiful girl

The more I think it, the badder it gets

I was just swimming along when I was caught in her net


She's got me singing with a broken heart

I keep on messing with my mind torn apart

She's already forgotten, look at me left in the dust

I guess my art didn't help very much


Then the super love got me again

Got me dreaming I could almost win

I stopped to take a look around with a grin

So much turmoil in this crazy town


She's got me bloody from hitting the bricks

Is this the way the girlies get their kicks?

And now I see if it makes a difference

Everyone in love, hating her and each other


Always thinking it's near the end

Then I was hoping she'd be my friend

Will I forever only wish it again?

oh to be alive and free from sin!


Psycho love in the Twilight Zone

Drippy soap opera on the telephone

I get so close but I don't belong

Strain to identify with a radio song


Then I see her as if in a dream

It's so real I could almost scream

She's doing a ritual the same for any man,

just like a movie, it's so deadpan!


I hope for true love in the darkness

I had the chance at false romance

Maybe next time I'll look for something new

I'm so ashamed, so unglued


I've had enough and she'll never know

I feel like staying but my subconscious says 'go'

Shed a tear like blood on the floor

It's only love and nothing more


She's got me singing with a broken heart

I keep on messing with my mind torn apart

she's already forgotten, look at me left in the dust

I guess my art didn't help very much

No comments: